How to clean Agricultural Equipment
Most large agricultural equipment can be cleaned quickly with a high pH (alkaline) detergent, foamer to apply the chemical and a high pressure rinse.
Using a high pressure rinse to break up very large clumps of mud prior to cleaning is recommended. For best results, chemicals should be applied to a dry surface.
One-Step Touchless Cleaning:
- Clean your ag equipment from front to back and in small vertical sections (8-10 feet wide)
- Step 1: Apply a high pH (alkaline) detergent to the ag equipment surface using a Foam Maxx foamer
- When applying the chemical, foam it on from the bottom of the ag equipment to the top of the ag equipment
- Step 2: Allow for a short dwell time 45-60 seconds
- If you are washing ag equipment outdoors, ensure you do not allow any chemical to dry on the surface of your ag equipment
- Step 3: Use warm water (90°F – 100°F) for your high pressure rinse and rinse the ag equipment section from top to bottom
- Maintain your high pressure nozzle within 18 inches of the surface and a spray angle of 15° – 45°
- Repeat Steps 1-3 until your ag equipment is clean.
- The best high pH product to use for one-step cleaning is HEL100 Hellcat or THU100 Thunderbolt
- Why do I need a Foam Maxx foamer to apply the chemical?Using a Foam Maxx foamer allows you to put the chemical where you need it. The foam will also remain in contact longer with the dirt/grease/oil to ensure thorough cleaning when you rinse.
- What dilution do you recommend?We tell our customers to start the high pH (alkaline) detergent at a strength of 1:20.
- What happens if I leave the chemical on and it dries?Streaking will result on the vehicle surface.
- Can you show me a diagram of applying top to bottom?
- What about a debugger product?You can use a debugger product like EXT372 Bug-Be-Gone. Simply apply on areas with insect residue like a pre-treatment. Without rinsing, continue with either one-step or two-step touchless cleaning.
- What is Salt Shield? Salt Shield® is an innovative product manufactured by Ver-tech Labs and proven through independent lab tests to clean road salts better. Using EXT450 Salt Shield with your wash procedure will mitigate the corrosive effects of salts found in dust suppressants and corrosive substances found in fertilizers. Talk to your chemical supplier about integrating Salt Shield into your wash routine.